Tuesday 22 October 2013

Research on Target Audience

iPad Users
It is important to bear in mind that my app is only going to be available to download through an iPad, therefore it is useful to analyse who the primary users of iPads are and what they actually use them for.

Six Scenarios where the iPad is Trouncing the PC
Who will buy the iPad 3?



This information provides a good overview of the demographic that the iPad is most appealing to. Specifically it is clear that the majority of iPad users fall between the ages of 18 - 54 which mirrors the proposed target audience I identified in my app treatment. It is also evident that iPad users generally have a higher household income than smartphone or kindle owners, many downloading paid apps. This suggests that I could potentially charge users to download my app, as long as it is appealing to the target user group. 

One of the surveys revealed that many iPad users abandon apps after they download them. I think one way of preventing this would be to integrate the facility for users to upload their own content and personalise their profiles (creating their own timelines of both native and personal assets). Social networking apps are successful because they facilitate an on-going dialogue between the user and their network of friends - If my app contains a 'social' element I think that it is less likely that users would keep using the app after the initial download.

My research has shown that social networking is one of the main activities associated with iPad use. From a design and usability perspective I think it will therefore be sensible to ensure that the app looks and feels like a social networking app.

Social Media Users

Social Networking Statistics

No comments:

Post a Comment