Tuesday 22 October 2013

Target Audience Questionnaire

In order to gain feedback from the target audience on the concept for my app I thought it would be useful to conduct a survey, in the form of a questionnaire, to find out what people who will potentially be using the app think about the main idea. The questionnaire was sent out to a selection of my Facebook contacts. Although I understand that this route is open to biased feedback (seeing as most of the participants are my friends) I have found from past projects that the information generated from a survey like this can be useful. In an ideal world I would present the idea, along with some visual material (ideally a working prototype) to an independent focus group, however I don't have the time or resources to organise something like this at present.

Below is a sample of the questionnaire that was sent out.






































Feedback from participants:
















































































































Review of Questionnaire
The feedback (although from a limited number of participants) is useful in gaining an impression of whether the app would be appealing to my target audience. Half of the participants  own an iPad, however all of them declared that they would be interested in using the app if it existed. This suggests that the concept in a real-world situation could be considered for development across all mobile platforms, rather than just being limited to the iPad. It could also work as a web site, allowing more users to experience the service offered. The participants also indicated that they would expect the design of the app to be clean and simple and reminiscent of social networking apps in terms of appearance and functionality. This matches my intentions for the design stage. The most requested categories (which were left open rather than providing specific options) match three of the categories I had intended to include in the app.











No comments:

Post a Comment